High Point Wellness Centre (HPWC) is looking for an energetic, motivated and committed Personal Trainer to join our team. The trainer would communicate with our practitioners (chiropractors, physiotherapists, massage therapists) to understand patient’s health history to create and conduct Functional Fitness Classes for patients. The goal is to assist patients that no longer need frequent chiropractic and/or physio treatments to build basic movement patterns and skills in order to perform “normal” activities. The position requires the trainer to work with patients of many different fitness levels ranging from beginners to individuals that have been active their entire lives.
HPWC is a multidisciplinary clinic, which has been serving the GTA for 39 years with services that include: Naturopathic Medicine, Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine, Dietetics and Personal Training.
- Conduct Functional Fitness classes onsite at High Point Wellness Centre in Mississauga
- Work closely with HPWC practitioners such as chiropractors, physiotherapists, massage therapists to understand the unique physical situation of each patient
- Create customized fitness classes based on the individual needs of each patient (maximum, 6 patients per class)
- Provide 1 on 1 personal training sessions to interested patients as needed
- Develop strong relationships with patients by understanding patient needs and supporting treatment plans developed by practitioners
- Communicate effectively with administrative staff, management and other health professionals.
Fitness classes are primarily conducted after clinic hours (7:15 – 8:15 pm) weekdays. Typically classes have been held once a week for 6 weeks. Would like to build to 2 classes a week for 6 weeks. Maximum number of patients is 6. Personal training hours are flexible and open for negotiation. Opportunity to become involved with corporate wellness programs, and injury prevention screens with various sports teams for the right candidate.
Submit your resume to email@example.com